A recent study conducted by Lake County revealed an urgent need for local healthcare options to:
- Treat obesity
- Treat diabetes
- Treat substance abuse
- Increase local access to primary care (medical, dental, Rx)
- Increase access to better food and nutrition
Working closely with Orlando Health and South Lake Hospital, we identify and fund programs and initiatives that:
- Answer these and other needs
- Are located here in South Lake County, making it easier for local residents to get quality healthcare
Social Determinants of Health
The programs we fund align with categories of Social Determinants of Health, a model of the components that affect personal health.
Lake County Community Health Improvement Plan
A community health improvement plan is a long-term, systematic effort to address public health concerns in a community. The plan is based on the results of health assessment activities, and is part of a community health improvement process.
There is a great need for more mental health services in South Lake County—and the Live Well Foundation is working to provide them. Among our goals are:
- Significant reductions in the percentages South Lake County youth and adults with mental health issues
- Significant reductions in annual emergency room visits