The Live Well Foundation of South Lake welcomes grant requests from otherwise eligible tax-exempt organizations under Internal Revenue Code Sections 501(c)(3) and Section 509(a) providing services within the South Lake region: Clermont, Groveland, Mascotte, Montverde, Minneola, and the Four Corners and other unincorporated areas serving South Lake County, Florida.
Grant Policy Limitations
In order to be good stewards of Live Well Foundation’s resources and enhance the health & wellness of many South Lake residents, the foundation will exclude grant-making unless services are within the geographic limitation. The Foundation will ordinarily deny grant requests to:
- For-profit organizations and from primarily tax-supported institutions, or their ‘support’ foundations (more than 50% government funding of the operations or project indicates ‘chiefly tax-supported’) or to continue dropped or discontinued government funded programs or projects until at least one (1) year or more of 51% private funding has been completed successfully;
- Annual fund drives for any organization
- Deficit financing and debt reduction or routine operating expenses
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation or disability
- Organizations which limit services to any one religious group or members of a specific sectarian perspective
- Political activity or organizations or groups that carry on propaganda or otherwise attempt to influence political campaigns
- For foreign organizations or for foreign expenditure. For this purpose, ‘foreign’ means outside the United States, or its territories and possessions, whether the organization itself is U.S. based or foreign based
- Other endowments or grant agencies/foundations for ultimate distribution to organizations or programs selected by such agencies or foundations
- Individuals seeking scholarships, travel assistance, or conference fees for seminars or meetings
- Sponsorships, special events, advertising or group trips, unless part of a community health need identified and financially supported by the foundation.
- For chiefly church, sacramental, denominational or inter-denominational purposes, except outreach projects for elderly, indigents, needy, youth, or homeless regardless of belief, race, color, creed, or sex
- For exclusive travel projects, fellowships or endowed chairs not part of a larger project proposal